Geogeeks Perth Meetup: QGIS, TerriaJS, and more!
- Date and time:
- Thursday, 14th July at 5:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Riff (Spacecubed), 45 St Georges Tce, Perth [map]
We’re excited to be back at Riff! Come help us celebrate with an evening of short talks from members of the Perth open geospatial community.
We’ll hear about the powerful data explorer TerriaMap, how to use Mergin Maps to integrate field data collection with QGIS, and the experiences of an organisation funding QGIS development. The full open source life cycle - developers, users and supporters!
This is a relaxed free evening for anyone who’s interested in open geospatial tools, open data and open source projects. Come to learn something new, share ideas and gather some tips! There’ll be plenty of time to chat over drinks and pizza.
Our speakers are:
- Nyall Dawson: our special guest for the evening! QGIS core developer.
- Gabriel Diosan: Public money for public good (financially supporting QGIS at the organisation level)
- Stafford Smith: TerriaMap – an introduction to setting up your own 3D spatial data explorer for the web
- Shane Delaney: SLYR plugin for QGIS
- James Keating: Mapping bat roosts - slope and aspect modelling using DEMs in QGIS